Guess it's time to post an official update thread now, hopefully you will like it!
1. New Maps: We have completed a few new maps for Kanto and Orange Islands. We are using Kyledove tileset now, with additions of Wesley FG, Jonny and ~Red's tiles. I'd like to thank my mappers, tile artists and random contributors for doing such an excellent job. Here is the Viridian Forest map made by head mapper Jonny:
Spoiler: Viridian Forest
And here are the Valencia Island and Tangelo Island maps by Hall of Famer, I'm still trying to adopt Jonny's mapping style. Please leave comments on my maps if you want to, constructive criticism is appreciated!
Spoiler: Valencia Island
Spoiler: Tangelo Island
Also I think it's necessary to showcase the orangen islands tiles made by tile artist ~Red. His work is amazing!
Spoiler: ~Red's tiles
Note: ~Red's Orange Islands tiles are used in Pkmn HOF and his own fan game only. The screenshot above is converted to .jpg already, please do not ask permission to use his custom tiles, thanks.
2. New Character Sprites: Several sprites for Kanto and Orange Islands characters are completed already. I'd like to thank all my spriters this time!
Spoiler: Cerulean Sisters
Spoiler: Rivals of Indigo Plateau Conference
Spoiler: Other Characters
These are the new item sprites for Orange Islands, credit given to Lynncreed:
Spoiler: Item sprites
3. New Pokemon: Are you surprised that new pokemon do exist in Pkmn HOF? Those pokemon are based on existing pokemon made by spriters who wish to see their fakemon in a fan game. I have implemented four pre-evolution pokemon made by Suzume into the game Pkmn HOF, and here is the screenie! They look cute, don't they?
Spoiler: Suzume's pokemon
4. New Concepts: We have been working on new concepts as well. Most of the new concepts are still under development, but the new HM project is almost completed. You can take a look at the new HMs we are going to implemented here, we still need a better name for HM14 though:
Spoiler: HM16 Project
Besides, a significant change has to be made for Orange Islands. Since the new maps are at least three times bigger than the original maps, it becomes a lot more painstaking to surf from one island to another.
Spoiler: Orange Islands regions
As you may see from the screenshot above, the entire Orange Archipelago is divided into five smaller regions - Northwest, Northeast, Southwest, Southeast and Mandarin. The Lapras saved from the gangsters on Mount. Tangelo will be important in this case, and players can ride on this Lapras to travel between one mini-region and another. More screenshots will be given after my spriters finish the OW sprite of Ash riding on Lapras!
We have new concept for the gyms in Kanto as well, and the gym tiles will be revised. Here is a preview of Cerulean gym:
Spoiler: Cerulean Gym
On the other hand, Pkmn HOF game staff, partners, contributors and supporters are encouraged to participate in the Viridian city trainer Hall project. Please drop me a VM or PM if you are interested.
5. New Features: Custom features are significant for Pkmn HOF as well. Most of you might have seen the D/P pokemon selection screen, and this is just one of the new features of Pkmn HOF. We are currently working on the Iphone Menu screen, and here is the first version of the new menu screen:
Spoiler: Iphone menu
The Iphone screen is still under revision, and you will notice a bigger change next time!
Besides, I announce that the Wifi-feature of Pkmn HOF is almost completed, and online battle, online trade and mystery gift features will be added to the game. I'm sorry this should have been done a long time ago...
We are also working on other custom features. You might have seen pink pokemon in this game before, and the idea of pink pokemon has been revised. We are not going to replace shiny pokemon sprites by pink sprites anymore, and a new column pink form has been created. In this way, most pokemon will have at least three forms - Normal, shiny and pink. The item pinkan berry can be used to turn a certain pokemon to its pink form, but exceptions are possible since Legendary pokemon are immune to pinkan berry. There is going to be a pinkan forest on pinkan island, where wild pink pokemon can be found and captured.
On the other hand, the D/P moves/abilities project will be implemented in Pkmn HOF, thanks to Lokiferne(who is already officially a scripter of Pkmn HOF). Screenies will be given in recent future!
Again, I'd like to thank all those who have contributed to the project Pkmn HOF. This game is going nowhere without the help from my game staff, partners, contributors and supporters. Please notice me if you have a new idea to purpose, or if you can't find your name on the game staff or credit list. Have a good week, everyone! ^^