Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement...

Level

O,O

When I popped in for my monthly visit, this is not what I expected to see...

Well, it's regrettable to say the least, especially being that Mysidia has been our closest affiliate basically since we've been on PO. But, as a webmaster myself, I can sympathise with a lot of this. If one isn't at a place in their life to uphold a community, they shouldn't try to. Simple as that, yes. Highly regrettable, but we all do what we must. In that sense, not only can I not blame you, but you have my full support as well.

Still, the melancholic decline is as discomforting as ever... I would feel guilty about saying this if it hadn't been mentioned in the opening post, but Reborn's gates are open to anyone. We do actually have a few residual Mysidans around, already. I know it can never be same- but at least you might not be, so to speak, out on the streets.

I don't at all know the history behind this place, but it sounds like this isn't the first time something like this has happened. I have faith that, be in it many months or even more, such a boon as this once was will bloom again.

Level
    My Mood
    Confused

I just wanted to say to everyone from Mysidia... thank you so much for being a fantastic group of people. our fights and scuffles aside, I really counted, and still do count, everyone here as a friend. I hope to run into you all again, and thank you for taking time out of your lives to get to know me. I've met great friends here, and, well, just thank you. To all the staff, for making such a great community, and to all the faithful members who kept Mysidia alive.

-Cardshark000
    Mysidia's dragon gym leader in season 1, and Mysidia's Ice/Ground leader in season 2. I'd recommend that you don't take me lightly.

~Life's a balance between doing and thinking. If you have too much of one you lose the point to it.~

Badges Showcase

Level
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries
    Pets

Read most of the posts and should be doing homework right now but I love Mysidia too damn much.

I will admit, I fucked up. Bad. From the minute I did what I did and had everyone against me I regretted my decision during my birthday and early days of May a lot. Mysidia was the best internet thing to have ever happen to me. From the minute I created PokeRevolution and had that conversation with Hall of Famer of merging our forums I had dreams that one day I could have lots of friends on the forums and have close relationships with them and grow to become one of the best Pokemon sites for everything out there.

As things went on I did accomplish my goal and make many friends that I will remember forever. From the early days of Mysidia when we started up our Shoddy Server and had some fun daily tournaments and trivia with tails, Yamoto, nesan, Anonymous, Africanis, etc that was all fun stuff and showed how strong we were as a community when we became like the 3rd most popular server but we were not perfect. No community is perfect. All communities have disputes and some are just lucky. Smogon is not perfect but they are lucky. I'm sure they go through staff miscommunications just like Mysidia did but they had the luck of being here on the internet first with not a lot of resorts of places to go to when people saw bad stuff occur on a forum.

As time passed, Mysidia moved on to PO. I remember we jumped onto PO early and this helped us gain a bunch of new comrades. Along with this came TLight, Batl, Reno, Firmer, Batman, Sawkur, Swimming, Bullet, Void, TrashTNT, Cardshark and boy the list goes on with the epic people. The PO server was great imo. We slowly became a popular server. Not too high up there but not too low down there. I considered us to be at a great size to be a "welcoming atmosphere". During our time at PO I won't lie but I had grown an attitude. For some I didn't like when my ideas didn't go through or people didn't care. One thing led to another and nesan left us. Believe me, this hurt me a lot. Nesan was a great help to Mysidia from his constantly trying to get discussions going on with his many posts, scripting, being a general badass and I love him. Him leaving hurt me but I saw his reasoning to leave. He left because he wasn't getting enough help and felt like he was doing everything but I tried and tried to help him. But nonetheless, he left to PBC.

We stayed on PO and had a strong community even without him. We had strong leadership from tails, Batl, Wes, Firmer, and well, everybody imo. I enjoyed the times we all had when we would have tournaments and trivias and just nice discussions and all those great laughs that almost bring me a tear today. And then it happened... April 30, 2011, my birthday.

I'll start off hear by saying that I was and you can still call me it today if you wish, a self-fish, cold, and a dumbass for doing what I did. But I'd like you guys to hear my story first. I loved and still love Mysidia. I spent countless hours and days on this place. I'm not saying that I did it all at all. Hall of Famer is a great man and without him Mysidia would've never been here. As he took on responsibilities in the real life I took a role of working here to build the Mysidian community as best as I could and tried my best to do everything for us that I could in my power and keep the people happy. But as I got on Mysidia the day of my birthday to see that rarely anyone cared about my birthday even though as I think of it today I regret ever doing what I did.

I got on the server and did get a few Happy Birthdays which I was happy about. But all I wanted was a simple thread on the forums to prove that I was actually important here and cared about by the people for what I tried to make Mysidia become a great place. I remember two years ago Nesan didn't hesitate and made me a Happy Birthday thread which made me happy to see people loved me here as I loved them. So for my actions which I regret I decided to pretty much leave Mysidia. It was a very hard thing to do and I spent days thinking and thinking of what I had done and lost. I came back a few days later and tried to get it back and failed because like Hall of Famer said, Wes led a majority of people against me. Alright then, I left as much as it hurt me.

After leaving I went to PBC for a while but couldn't find a place there and was too busy irl at the time. Instead I tried to become well known on PO later. I still venture both places today frequently but I will never forget and will always have a spot in my heart for Mysidia.

I hope this post actually means something to people and they see what I mean from what I say. I love Mysidia and will forever. I don't want this place to die and I appreciate all the love people have showed with their posts in this thread and I love Hall of Famer for all he has done. I love you buddy and would still like to have a few talks with you. Never quit Hall of Famer.

YOLO. You Only Live Once, that's the motto.
    - Drake.

I would still like to keep contact with people of Mysidia. Feel free to add me on Skype, AIM, or e-mail me.
    AIM: mexicanboy430
    E-mail: alex_hernandez796@yahoo.com

I love you guys all.

And also,

LONG LIVE MYSIDIA!

"Don't be the player who is trying to block or cover someone; be the one people try to block and cover."

Youtube Channel Pokétube Channell
    Pokémon Online Main Names
    Pokémon Online Records

PokéMansion Adoptables

Pokémon Mysidia Gym League Badges 12/12
    First Mysidian to completely get all 12 badges.
      Spoiler: League Badges 
    - Vessel Badge
    - Geist-Sapien Badge
    - Lamia Scale Badge
    - Iron Fist Badge
    - Leaf Cyclone Badge
    - Incendia Badge
    - Bat Badge
    - Infernity Badge
    - Tremor Badge
    - Blau Badge
    - Heart Badge
    [title=2-1 in Best 2 out of 3. 1-0, 0-3 & 4-0]- Makai Undersea Badge

Pokémon Mysidia Elite 4 Badges
    - Silence Badge
    - Goliath Badge
    - Eon Badge

Mysidia Family
    Brothers
    Twin
    Uncle
    Sister
    Little Brother
    Pair

Badges Showcase

Level
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Blog Entries
    Pets

Well thanks for your post AE, I really appreciate all these. But as you know, I really regret the fact that I do not have time to do what I used to as Mysidia's head admin, and more importantly the role of babysitter. Regarding the drama you had against Wes and some other staff dating back to May, well, Wes' boycott against you was just one of the reasons. Like I said in my previous post, I was preparing for the final exams of my spring 2011 semester, which was by far the hardest I've ever experienced. If I had more time to spend atm, I'd most likely ended up consolidating both sides successfully. The truth is that I really cannot do this anymore, even though I still hope I can.

The lack of communication has always been an issue for this place, I knew this a long time ago but just could not find a way to fix it. It is ironic that I could get along with most of you but could not help each of you get along with each other. Whenever staff was promoted or sacked, power struggle emerged and usually took a long time to settle. If staff and members rely on me to resolve their problems with each other, it'd only be a matter of time till I ran out of energy and gave up. Nesan had been complaining about every aspect of Mysidia, but in reality he aint good at communication either. He thought the people here did not help him enough, but whenever someone offered to help him he refused. SKL and Swimming both told me that before, he only allowed Snow to work with him though but guess the reason was obvious.

I said the spirit of Old Mys had been lost since the drama I had against Angela, it is for a reason. Before Apr 2010, this community felt like a family in which everyone tried to get along with each other and understand each other. Not saying there werent problems back then, we made mistakes when we were young, but we were able to forgive and move on. More importantly, the staff tried to contain and help each other whenever someone made a mistake. Such spirit was nonexistent from what I saw through wes' action, which was why I was rather unhappy at him and the Gang. I did not pay much attention during the AE-Wes drama, but I was quite worried when Firmer had an emotional meltdown in June. Firmer made some mistakes and went a bit far, but Wes had been pushing him hard without taking a step back and giving firmer a break. I thought Wes did not want to help Firmer at all, he wanted to get rid of Firmer instead 'cause he disappointed Mysidia (On the contrary, Firmer was among the staff most actively trying to help Wes when he had power struggle back in March against AE and Nesan). This is not what Id like to see from Mysidia's staff and members, we are all humans and we make mistakes, why cant we give each other a chance? I made a thread about this a while ago when Reno and GTG's fight turned out to be uncontrollable, too bad it could not help. This is why I do not regret my decision of turning against the Gang staff back then, the community they led was already far away from what Id expect Mysidia to be a friendly community.

It appears that no one would take a step back when problem occurs, instead they fought till the very end as if only one of them should survive. I did this myself against Angela before, so I completely understand how bad it was. Nesan was wrong, it was not that our staff and members did not work hard, we just could not find a way to build a family-like community on Mysidia. With staff members constantly breaking out at each other, the productivity of Mysidia definitely would never reach its potential. I must admit I am not a capable leader when it comes down to this aspect. I could only try to consolidate staff and members in a short run, but in the end I could not help but watch them completely turning against each other. Whenever this happened, I was forced to make a decision to 'choose' between the two sides. This is the other reason why I believe its time to let go, I confess that I am not capable of building a friendly community in which the majority of staff and members help, understand and love each other. A community of staff and members fighting is not what I desire, and I cannot be afford to get depressed myself whenever it happens...

Again I thank you for such a long and emotional post AE, I am guessing you've gone through a lot since May 2011. It was a pity though, this community really had a great chance of success. You are right about Smogon, they had all kinds of problems but they were lucky 'cause they were the first group to explore the competitive battling market. Mysidia and PBC's prosperity back in 2010-2011 were not much different, sometimes it just takes a chance and a little bit of luck...
    My PM family:
    Pair - Sophie
    Wife - Artemis
    My daughters' Biological Mother - Elec
    Older Sister - Morningstar, Bekki
    Twin Brother - Batl Skard
    Twin Sister - Kaori Tanaka
    Lil Brother - Bub
    Lil Sister - Zappyspiker, Light
    Soul Sister - Team Hydro Aura
    Adopted Orphan Sister - Pandorical
    Daughter - XXSeashellxx, Ellykid
    Nephew - Arctic Eclipse, Pachy
    Niece - Anonymoussnarks, Bethan, Nikki
    Cousin - tails12, Snow Dove
    Banner by Kathleen Allison Vigier

Badges Showcase

Level
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries
    Pets

And so it came to pass that pokemon mysidia fell, and the circle of Rome was broken.

And I looked out over this strange new world, an emperor of dust.

This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper.....

Emperor of Rome
    Pair: Princess Summer <3

Catathriller: I just realized who I'm facing.
    Catathriller: I dont have a chance...

Badges Showcase

Level
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Blog Entries

I haven't said anything yet, so I guess it's time for me to say something before it's too late. I've just had to spend a few days finding the right words to say.

EVeryone here has always been a big support for me. When I first joined some many moons ago, I was a timid 13 year old who really had no help from the outside world to establish who I was or who I could be. I was a very isolated kid at the time who liked certain things, but was awful terrified to speak anything of it, Pokemon being one of the sorts. Despite the fact that I don't really play pokemon anymore, I still visit this place because I know that I have friends here who support and love me no matter what I do or have done.

If it wasn't for mysidia, I probably wouldn't be the person I am today. I wouldn't have gone out to all the contests I've been to or the camps either because I would be terrified of being alone because I wouldn't be able to speak out about the things I like and be proud of it. Mysidia allowed me to open my wings as an artist (though shortlived at times). I wouldn't ever post any of my writings or drawings anywhere if I didn't have the mysidians that supported my works and were actually looking forward to further updates of it.

I never was much of a battler in my time here, but I still made some great friends through PO. Those people are the people I have the closest bonds with then and still today. I've recently gone back to using my original username (AnonymousSnarks) on PO and it's a surprise to me how many actually remember me from when I first joined with it. It's a touch of warmth to my soul to know that I left a good lasting impression.

I will always support Mysidia. It's my first and only forum home. It's the only forum that actually openly supported me and appreciated me being here from one time or another. I can't express how much this Place means to me as an individual. It's far more than evident.

Thanks so much to evryone here :)

Badges Showcase

Level
    My Mood
    Buzzed

It's saddening really...I've been here for nearly a year now, and throughout that year I've had some incredible times and some sad times. I've seen the greatness of Mysidia, and I've seen it fall and crumble. All in under a year.

It's a shame things have turned out this way. I'd have liked to see Mysidia pull itself back onto it's own two feet again, and I would've been more than happy to help out in any way I could, but alas it appears the damage was too much, and the stress was too much.

Thanks to everybody here, but especially to those of you who I spoke to the most in my time here; Swimming95, Batl Skard, SceneKidLove, Firmer, Cloud, CardShark, and that is just to name a few. I learnt a lot about the metagame here, and I made some fantastic friends.

Now I'm going to try to find a new PO server, but I will remain here as much as possible. Maybe one day the forum will gain more life, and hopefully one day (hey, we can wish right?) Mysidia will have a PO server again, and maybe be as great as before, if not better.

Thank you all, and take care.

Badges Showcase

Accumula Tow....wait, why do you need to know!!!???
    Level
    My Mood
    Relaxed

D: how am I supposed to respond to this? I read this and 3 questions came to my mind.

1) Is the server going to be up anymore?

2) Is HoF EVER coming back again?

3) Where do we go from here?

I remember the first day I came to PO, the first server i came to was mysidia too (XD go figure)
    I battled Pachy(dont remember his team tho). I had a lead roserade(the nooby kind lol)

As for the members that left, I'm glad you came back to respond one last time :D
    I was new to Mysidia and I feel I still am since I didn't get to all the things I wanted to.(Gracidea, Pokemansion)
    Thanks to all the people that made this place special to me, which would be everyone of course.
    I do wish I could have done more, however I didn't know where to start.
    HoF, I remember the first time I actually talked to you; I think it was the 2nd inccident with Rome. (you still knew what to do)
    I will never forget this place, nor will i ever stop talking about this place, for it is the Pinnacle of Awesomeness (The name, duh)
    Sorry for my not being very active lately; school, sports, and general family got really mixed up together and i couldnt find Mysidia in the Jumble.
    Thanks to Cardshark and Swimming for the countless teams we made (I think i counted at least 20 O.o)
    One last thing, I dont plan on leaving at all, but in case I fall out of a building and erase my memory,

Stay Gold Mysidia!

~Black Rose, Major, MajorT, Abbo, Stargazer, UberNo0b, Pinnacle~

Member of Team Glactic
    Tutee of Swimming95

Badges Showcase

Level
    Pets

Uh, this place was like my home, I stayed in here for almost a year. I learned alot in here, and it was pretty much a nice place to stay and chill.

Even if most of the people already left long time ago, I felt like I needed to thank this place for all the good moments I spent in here, I don't regret anything (maybe some stuff that happened while I was admin in the server) but yeah you get my point lol. Peace Mysidia.

- Drake
    The Gang

Spoiler: Starters! 

Badges Showcase

Level
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Blog Entries
    Pets

1) Is the server going to be up anymore?
    Nope, at least there is no way I can ever be a host of PO server after all these happened. Took me long enough to realize that I am not the material to run PO server, was too proud to ever admit this... I wonder if anyone will try to set one up for Mysidia, it wont be quite active anyway seeing how its been like 2 months...

2) Is HoF EVER coming back again?
    Technically I am never completely gone, I still vist every now and then. If you are referring to me actively working on this community to make it grow, then nope it wont happen. As you may have noticed, I've turned off new users registration for this forum since I cant be bothered to deal with spammers, trolls and nesans who just never give up and let the sleeping dog lie.

3) Where do we go from here?
    Wherever you go is completely arbitrary, I do not have any rights to tell you what to do at this moment. Mysidia has two sister communities Dream League and PokeReborn, the latter is especially recommended for PO battlers. I'm currently residing in a place called Ever Grande City, impressed by its serenity and friendliness I must say.
    My PM family:
    Pair - Sophie
    Wife - Artemis
    My daughters' Biological Mother - Elec
    Older Sister - Morningstar, Bekki
    Twin Brother - Batl Skard
    Twin Sister - Kaori Tanaka
    Lil Brother - Bub
    Lil Sister - Zappyspiker, Light
    Soul Sister - Team Hydro Aura
    Adopted Orphan Sister - Pandorical
    Daughter - XXSeashellxx, Ellykid