Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement...

Level
    Blog Entries

It has been a long ride, I'll give it that. HoF, you did the best you could over the past two and half plus years, nearly three, with this site and there have been good times among the bad. With what has happened in 2011 may have not been the best, but there were people who were still coming here and wanting to keep the spirit of the community alive. As much as the forum activity has declined, that still hasn't put a stop to some of our dedicated members for coming here and having fun.

I'll admit I haven't been part of the spirit of late due to my teaching internship, life issues, school, and personal interests of mine. But deep down, I still have room in my heart for this community and I've been riding the train until I know it makes its final stop. I have met a lot of cool people in my time here and had fun. I may not talk with everyone as much anymore, but that still doesn't mean that I won't ever talk to them again... May as well go down the list:

@HoF: You know you could always drop me a message and I'd talk with you. It's been like that ever we first started talking when I first registered on the forums in May 2009. I know you also considered me a friend and you appreciated how much I stuck with you through Mysidia's troubles. I know real life, school, and everything related has put you in a tough state trying to run the PO server and forum, but at least you helped keep Mysidia's staff as stable as you could. Just know that I'm always here in case you need to talk to me about anything. Regarding the game project, just know that I'm still around waiting to see what you can do with it. I know you remember the reason I had initially joined the forums...

@Cloud/TLight: I will definitely say it was great to meet and work with you ever since you came onto this forum. You always had the passion to help out and that says a lot. I hope you keep such a passion wherever you go in life. May it continue as long as we can try to keep this place going.

@Wes: I know how much you wanted to help out here and I saw how much you contributed as well. I appreciate all that you have done for the forums and the league. P.S. You and I need to talk some more. :P

@Gang/Batman: I always saw you as the one bringing a fun atmosphere into Mysidia. I felt you were the one keeping things calm and collected and just keeping the community in a state that made it a place to be and chill. I always liked that about you.

@Batl: I don't think I really need to spell it out. You've spent so much effort into this place that I don't even know if I can even put it in words. You and I still need to talk more.

@Other and older staff members (including PO staff): I did enjoy any good moments we were able to share with the community. Despite the ups and downs, we tried to make this place the best spot for anyone who came. That's at least worth something to remember.

@General community and anyone else I have forgotten to mention: I can't list everyone that whose regularly come here and I've had a good relationship with. Just know that every member has their place here and has tried to contribute in different ways. A community is formed by the people who reside in it and those who are willing to make it all it can be. We all have different interests, some more common than others, but we use those interests to make a lively place where it wouldn't be dull and boring every day. Let's not forget what made us want to be part of this community and take what we enjoyed about it with us wherever life pulls us. I know I sure will as I believe every part of life is like an adventure. We cross so many bridges and paths that we learn from one another and take on new experiences. These experiences help us form better social relationships which help us become better people in the end, even if we don't think so. We go from one place to the next, crossing from one adventure to the next. As a forum signature I kept around for awhile, "You live many adventures and they fuel your life." Remember these words as I believe every word of it to be true. It has been a blast getting the chance to meet all of you, even if I haven't had the chance to talk with all of you a lot.

I don't plan on leaving if that's what anyone of you are thinking as you're reading this. I just wanted to get some of this out since I don't always share my feelings. I'm still checking things out to see what's going on. To those of you who I haven't replied to VMs, I'm just busy and can't always get to it. That doesn't mean that I'm ignoring you on purpose or that I don't like you. I just hope you don't take that the wrong way.

If anyone wants to chat with me, I have AIM, Skype, and MSN readily available. My AIM is CRF89, Skype is ctails12, and MSN is ctails12@hotmail.com. This can be seen on my profile, though I doubt some of you know where to look for that info... Anyway, if any of you may be interested, I've recently started to get back in an older game (Phantasy Star Online) that I found enjoyable since I started playing it. It came out on the Dreamcast initially, but has had ports on the PC and GameCube and is still running on private servers. I wouldn't mind starting a community on there with us involved. It's one way we could still chat and have fun someplace. I'll leave that open if anyone is interested.

Some last words: Let our community live for as long as it can.
    What wills you to be here?

Badges Showcase

Jafar Guest

It was a wild ride, fun, depressing, infuriating and inspiring, often at the same time. I do appreciate that I made a lot of friends in the community, but I regret the tensions that came up, too. It was all meant to be though, and if anyone wants to keep me as a contact and talk to me, feel free. I've grown a lot as a person, learned my purpose in life and am brimming with positivity. When I think about my past I see glimmers that raise my spirits, and some of those glimmers came from this community. But if one lives in the past without regard for the present and future, they crash. So I will take my time at Mysidia as it is, a memory, and move forward, God-willing.

If anyone wishes to keep in contact with me, my e-mail address is shahraamjackson@gmail.com, and my Facebook name is Shahraam Jafar. Take care all of you. I wish you the best, and I hope that one day we can together look back at our lives and remember only the positives, and none of the negatives.

Level
    My Mood
    Busy

Yeah, last year was full of lots of different experiences. Some of them were good, others felt almost bad, while others were in between. The experiences affected people in different ways, like when I heard that Super Skarmory Forums got shut down last year, I felt devastated, considering I was a member of the Super Skarmory Forums, even after I joined Mysidia. I feel the best way to sum this up is by saying a forum is like a ship, the staff members are like the captain and the officers, while other members are like the crew. Take away one of these elements, people might drift apart.
    Last edited by Judge Mandolore Shepard; 01-20-2012 at 02:18 PM.

"Even a stray has pride" - Judge Gabranth
    "For Mandolore!" - every Mandolorian
    Dangerous when using Deadpool in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Fate of Two Worlds
    "Nothing is ever simple, is it?" - Commander Shepard

Badges Showcase

Level
    My Mood
    Brooding

@HoF

I still talk to Firmer/Swimming/Batl and Reno;)
    I even talk to Daar/Aryte and sometimes Dillon when he pokes me.

All you do, is not enough and not noticed.
    Only by the ones that truly Love.

Forum Family
    Wife: Reno
    Brother: Nexus
    Younger Rocking Sister: Bleeding Mascara
    Sugarbaby: Drake

QUIT: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1168637145

Badges Showcase

Level
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Pets

My time on Mysidia was was the greatest time I've had on PO, I made so many friends and learned so many things it's amazing. The people within this community mean alot to me, even after I was forced to quit Pokemon Online altogether. I'm glad we had you, HoF, and the same with everyone else.

Leader of the Underdogs.
    "Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
    Strength through Unity, Unity through faith~

~~~
    Signature by Katzuki from Naruto Forums!~

Badges Showcase

Level

Well, I feel I should speak here.

Although this forum wasn't my primary forum, it was my go-to place when things got rough. I had a lot of fun on the PO server, even after we decided to separate. I made several good friends, who I wish I had talked to more, but eventually I got too busy on DL I couldn't hang out on the Mysidia PO server anymore. I had a lot of fun being a mega-user on the PO server for the time we were merged, and I enjoyed seeing the community grow. This community had always has always been special to me, and I regret not spending more time here, but sadly I can not change that. I'm heartbroken to see this place go, and I hope I can keep in touch with a few of you. Have fun where life will take you, everybody.

Also, tell Firmer that I still want my milk. >:C

Level
    My Mood
    Tired
    Blog Entries

To think that over two years ago, I fell upon the Mysidia Shoddy server to have a play of what battling was really like. To another forum when HoF and AE invited me here over Shoddy... it felt so long ago, It's honestly sad to see this place go down. After all so many things have happened here that even in the vast amounts of forums that I've ever joined since 2008, Pokemon Mysidia has been one of my most valued of them. It was the first ever forum where I got promoted, where I learnt the importance what made a forum, a forum and most importantly the importance of true friendships.

Heck, I know this last year I have felt I had drifted away from the forums so much the past year due the facts of reality and as well as the most important year of my school life which counted for university. I regretted not being able to come onto the forums as much as I used to, not just Mysidia but other forums like PokeStation and Pokecommunity. Because of that, I felt like I drifted away so much from the community I never knew exactly what was happening like I used to.

I know Mysidia has had a bumpy road from when I first entered this place, it's had it's fair share of both ups and downs. I know that for a fact no other forum I look at will ever be the same as Mysidia. I know that I was barely in the battling community of Mysidia, just in the beginning until I had a huge loss against AE in my first tournament but knowing our battling community was a huge part of Mysidia, well it's sad to see it go.

As for everyone here, both leaving and staying, I'll admit I've had a lot of fun here, between both drama and our ups and downs, there will be no other place like Mysidia - All the best to everyone's futures whether you are parting here or staying.
    @HoF, I honestly couldn't have picked a better Head Admin that you to run this place. Like Tails said, you did the best you could over the time Mysidia has been and I doubt that Mysidia couldn't have been the best it was without you - you seriously have been one my best forum brother spread out throughout all the forums I've been to.

Although you may have not time with the forums any more HoF, I still keep my word to what I told you over skype. I won't leave Mysidia unless for a good enough reason of my own. If you don't have time to keep this place going, then I will be one to help to keep this place going. Unlike back when I started here and would be active on 10 forums at once, I only keep loyal to Mysidia, PC and another forum and it will continue that way. I still regret not being as active as I was over the last year and I know there are still some dedicated members around who are still willing to stay on the forums like Femi - Even if we become the last two here.

Badges Showcase

Level
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Pets

Depressing to see this place go like this, I knew things were bad but I guess I was just oblivious to see how bad things were actually getting. I still remember my first day on the server and this place has been my second home ever since then, this place has helped me see who I am and I will miss this place. I didn't really talk much on the server but just being on there watching people made me feel better. :).

Good Luck~
    I wish I could of done more during my time on Mys but I guess it's a bit too late now.
    Long Live Mysidia.~

^ Lies Peaked #1 now :D

Im Teh one who never speaks...YEA u get the message :O
    *yawn* im tired imma get some sleep, wake me up in teh morning :P
    Deadly Spartans / Ocarina Gym
    Clan / Gym
    Credit for userbar goes to ULTRA!ŁPIC!

Badges Showcase

Level
    Blog Entries

I'm happy that everyone's giving their support for HoF in different ways. I don't intend on leaving either, it's just that I'm busy with several things and may not always be on all of the time (hopefully this will change come spring-summer).
    What wills you to be here?

Badges Showcase

Level
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Blog Entries
    Pets

@hof, i knoww, i wrote that quick the other night and wasn't clear about it lol. i was trying to say, instead of just saying a clan thing, i meant to say myself(and the other people who did shit) more, as i know i wasn't perfect. just when people say "the gang" it's a broad subject, since we have over 50 members, and there were 15 when on mysidia and most didn't do anything wrong, a title tso i was saying blame me and wes and whoever else not just a pokemon clan that is nothing but a title i guess xd. anyway some kid back in 10th grade or something around that year, said "never regret anything that made you smile" and that seems pretty fitting here, so just remember the good and fun you had around here hof. bye for now

@sernotawesomecake
    " You have better sort that out before you go into the real word. Out here, you have to do normal things, and use your brain and shit."
    lol i have a job and a real life, i just keep it separate from how shit happens online, especially on a pokemon simulator for one, i come on here for fun and recreation not for being serious and taking things too seriously either ;)
    and second if people go wild, i dont have control over them even if they're in a pokemon clan with me.. xd

Bros: Sawkur, Drake, EJ, TheSilentOne, PIA
    Pair: Pandorical
    Daughter: Olivia
    Mom: Ashley
    Cousin: Firmer
    Dad: Wes

Cloud: ur 2 strong!!

Badges Showcase

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast