View RSS Feed

I'd Snark That ;)

Well...

Rate this Entry
It's been a crazy past couple of weeks for me. I've been in and out of the band room helping my directors get ready for this year's marching season (preparing music and flip folders, cleaning up the uniform room in preparation for the new uniforms, etc) all while I was also practicing my music for band camp.

I attended my annual music (band) camp last week and it was truly lackluster. I finally made it into the top band, but the music was waaaaay easy in comparison to the music I had to prepare for second band last year. ._. The evening events were plenty of fun (the first two days). I got to meet Jim Walker (a crazy awesome jazz flutist and movie soundtrack musician) and attend my first DCI competition. My favorite drum corps, Carolina Crown was present and their show really blew me away and they truly deserved the top title for that competition!

The downside of camp is that all my original friends made different bands. I didn't think this would be a problem until I learned that what they said about the top band was true and that is that they are pretty stuck up people ._. I didn't fit in at all. Due to making the top band, I didn't get to participate in an ensemble for ensemble night which wouldn't be so bad if I didn't love participating in ensembles as much as I do. Blegh.

Onto happier news. I finally got the mailing address for my guy who is attending basic training. I've written him two letters so far, it's so crazy difficult trying to figure out what to write!! I want to tell him all about the exciting things I'm diving into, but I don't want to make it seem like I'm gloating. I'm not. I know I really shouldn't worry since I've been told that soldiers really don't care what's the content of the letter, they just appreciate that someone is sending them letters and thinking about them back home. I still want to make it count for something though. ><

Summer marching band starts monday and I'm beyond stoked (though I still don't have my scores memorized). Our new band uniforms will be in any time now and I'll be enrolling into my senior year not long after that!! It's getting crazy real!!

This is much shorter than the other blogs, but I just haven't had anything philosophical-sounding really click in my brain! I hope to see someone around soon :)

~Snarks
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Our Community Sites
MysCOMPkmn4ever
Our Affiliates
DLRealmArkAsrPantherasTPWPokémon OnlineTeam UberPHOFloatzel.NetFloatzel.NetPGRanking Pokémon MéxicoPBC
Our Topsites
PPN Top 50Flygon Hollow TopsitesTwilight Harbour .x. t o p 5 0